Support to the Education Sector in Turkmenistan
This third EU-financed project in the education sector aims to further support the government of Turkmenistan in the creation of a modern education system in line with international educational standards and labour market needs. The project covers strategic planning, institutional capacity development, and school management. There are more than 30 activities under implementation, from developing educational programs to further qualification of teachers to school management.
Key data are given below:
The purpose of the Project is to contribute to the on-going education reform process by facilitating the introduction of educational standards and adapting professional education programmes to labour market needs.
48 months, from October 2016 to September 2020.
To further support the Government of Turkmenistan in the creation of a modern education system in line with international educational standards. To contribute to the on-going education reform process by facilitating the introduction of educational standards and adapting professional education programmes to labour market needs.
– To prepare a midterm strategy on education and training system;
– Reviewing the content of education and training programs with a focus on the skills and knowledge and competences required in a modern society and economy;
– Strengthen the quality of education by upgrading of knowledge and skills of staff of education and training establishments including managers, teachers and trainers;
– To support development of quality assurance approach addressing the main issues of quality at all levels of the education system.
– The planning, implementation and monitoring capacity of the overall reform of education and professional education is strengthened through better collaboration of relevant stakeholders.
– The existing education strategy is reviewed and adopted and follows international standards. A closer dialogue with the labour environment is established with the creation of sector councils.
Resources are four Key Experts, Non-Key Experts, both Senior and Junior, and Incidentals.