Ashgabat 2018: On 29th and 30th June 2018, Senior Non-Key expert Baiba Ramina of the EU funded project “Support to the Education Sector in Turkmenistan” conducted a seminar for 20 participants from the Turkmen higher education institutions and National Institute of Education of Turkmenistan. The seminar was a follow-up to the seminar on Bologna process “International experience and recommendations in the transition to the two-cycle system in high education” held on 12-13 March 2018.
The seminar was devoted to the enhancing quality of education and quality assurance implementation mechanisms, European standards and guidelines of quality assurance of higher education focusing on internal quality assurance, external quality assurance, requirements for quality assurance bodies.
The main focus of the presentation and discussions was as follows:
• Development of quality assurance within Bologna process and European Higher Education Area
• Fields of the development of quality assurance within the framework of Bologna process
• European Network for Quality Assurance (ENQA) and European Register for Quality Assurance (EQAR).
• European standards and guidelines for the higher education quality assurance in the framework of Bologna process
• Internal quality assurance in higher education institutions
• External quality assurance processes and procedures
• The requirement for quality assurance bodies
The audience raised questions about Quality assurance in Bologna countries and how these processes were organised in Latvia. Higher education institutions raised interest in internal quality assurance and its implementation in the higher education institutions. At the same time interest was on the implementation of the two-cycle system in education. Development of the conception of higher education quality assurance will support institutions for the improvement of the quality of education.